Sausage Tomato Pasta is for that night where you want something a tad bit fancier than your typical spaghetti, but you still want dinner to be super simple and delicious.
Sausage Tomato Pasta is 100% comfort food. It's easy, has carbs, sausage, and PARMESAN cheese. I mean, if that doesn't make you want to put on a pair of sweat and cuddle under an electric blanket, then I just don't understand you.
I love lemon, and this pasta is bursting with lemon. The spicy sausage has a nice kick of heat to balances out the acidic lemon and tomatoes. Then the garlic and parm come in to just make this pasta amazing! Overall this pasta is just so easy to make. This recipe combines all of my favorite things.
- Penne - You can use any pasta you like!
- Spicy Sausage - I used the spicy Italian sausage, not in a casing. If you buy the sausage in a casing, remove it before cooking.
- Petite Diced Tomatoes- Do not drain the can! Add the whole can to the skillet. 🙂
- Garlic Cloves- I used 4 cloves for a medium garlic flavor. Use 5-6 for a strong flavor and 2 for a mild flavor.
- Lemon Juice - I always use fresh lemon juice. The quality is better than pre squeezed juice.
- Parmesan - Salty, bright, and full of flavor! I just love parm 🙂
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. If you microwave the pasta, it might dry out slightly, but this pasta should be fine overall.
I hope you love this Sausage Lemon Pasta recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Have fun!Print
- .75 lb penne
- ½ lb spicy sausage, removed from casing
- 15oz can petite diced tomatoes (don't drain)i
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
1.Cook pasta as directed in salted water.
2.In a large skillet over medium-high meat, cook sausage till it browns. Lower heat to medium-low. Drain excess fat if there is any.
3.Add diced tomatoes (do not drain the can) and minced garlic to the skillet. Bring to a simmer, then cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add lemon juice to the sauce. Salt to taste. Mix in pasta.
4.Divide among 4-6 bowls, top with parmesan.
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 600
- Fat: 23
- Carbohydrates: 74
- Protein: 30