- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper
- 6 Italian sausages (hot and/or sweet), about 1 pound
- 6 hoagie rolls or hotdog buns
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella
- Chopped parsley, optional
- Position one of the oven racks towards the bottom of the oven and the other towards the top ( the top one is for broiling later)
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Add peppers and onions to a large sheet pan. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. Toss everything together, then nestle the sausages into the vegetables. Bake until the sausages are cooked through, and the vegetables are tender about 25 minutes.
- When the sausage is done, load the hoagie rolls with sausage and peppers/ onion mixture. Place them on a clean sheet pan and top with mozzarella.
- Turn on the broiler. Toast the hoagie rolls for 2-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the buns are toasted on top.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 27 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Sandwich
- Calories: 470
- Sodium: 1672mg
- Fat: 18.7g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrates: 46.6g
- Fiber: 7.1g
- Protein: 35.1g
- Cholesterol: 48g
Keywords: Sausage and Peppers Sandwich with Cheese, Italian sausage, Sandwich