How does mini broccoli and cheddar baked potatoes with chicken sausage sound to you?
These little baked potato bites with sour cream, butter, cheese, and broccoli make me so happy. They are super tasty, and adding chicken sausage to the sheet pan makes dinner so easy.
To make the broccoli and cheese potato bites you will microwave potatoes for 10 minutes. Then as they cool you cook your frozen broccoli in the microwave.
Then slice the potatoes and scoop out the insides, leaving a ¼” border around the potato.
Mix together the scooped out potato, sour cream, butter, salt, pepper, and cheese in a bowl. Use a potato masher or a fork to mash everything together. Once the mixture is smooth, stir in broccoli.
Fill each potato with the mixture, top them with a little more cheese, and add the chicken sausage to the sheet pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes and you're done.
Do you have questions?
Gold potatoes are much smaller than Russet potatoes and have yellow skin instead of brown. Both potatoes are great for baking and mashing, Gold potatoes have a thinner skin that makes it easier to eat and the potato itself has a slight buttery taste. I also love the size of the gold potato and I think it’s perfect for this recipe.
Watch how it's made…
I hope you love this Sausage and Baked Potato Bite recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
- 4 raw Yukon Gold potato, scrubbed clean and dried ( any gold potato variety will work)
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets
- ¼ cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12oz fully cooked chicken sausage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Poke the potatoes a few times ( I do 5 times) with a fork. Microwave potatoes on a microwave-safe plate for 5 minutes. Flip using tongs ( they will be hot) and microwave for another 5 minutes. Remove from the microwave and let cool while you cook the broccoli.
- Microvan broccoli as directed on the packaging
- When the potatoes have cooled enough to handle (about 10 minutes), slice them in half. Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the insides of each potato, leaving a ¼” border around the outside. Place the scooped-out potato into a medium mixing blow. Place the potato shells on the large baking sheet. **If the potatoes are too warm to hold use a paper towel to hold them.**
- Add sour cream, butter, salt, pepper, and ⅓ cup of cheddar cheese to the mixing bowl. Use a potato masher or a fork to mash everything together. Once the mixture is smooth, stir in broccoli.
- Fill each potato with the mixture, top with the remaining cheese (about 2 tablespoons), and place chicken sausage onto the sheet pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the sausage is warm
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 390
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 19g
Keywords: Sausage and Baked Potato Bites, Sheet Pan, Baked Potato, Sausage , Broccoli, Cheddar