- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, dark and light parts separated
- 4 medium garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 6oz salmon fillets, 1-1.5 inches thick
- Lemon wedges
- Rice to serve with
- In a large skillet over medium heat add oil. Once it starts to shimmer add the light parts of the green onion, garlic, and jalapeño to the skillet. Cook until it begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Then Mix in coriander, cumin and paprika. Cook for 30 seconds. Stir in diced tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer, then reduce to medium-low.
- Nestle salmon skin side down in the sauce. Salt the salmon, then cover the skillet with a lid. Cook for 10 to 13 minutes, or until the thickest parts reach 145°F.
- Transfer salmon to a plate with rice. You can peel off the skin here if you want. Spoon the sauce over the salmon and sprinkle with the remaining green onions. Serve with lemon wedges.
If your fish is more than 1-1.5 inches thick it will take longer to cook.
If the sauce is watery, cook it over medium-high until it thickens slightly. If the sauce is too thick, you can add 1 tablespoon of water until you get the desired consistency
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes