Easy to make Salmon and Creamed Spinach only takes 25 minutes, making it a great balanced meal. The spicy chili salmon and creamed spinach are a great unexpected combination.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal that’s healthy with lots of protein and vegetables, this Salmon and Spinach recipe is perfect for you! It comes together in 25 minutes. I wouldn’t have thought fish and spinach would make a good combination, but this fish and spinach recipe is perfect. It has a good amount of protein to keep you full and creamy spinach to satisfy your cheese craving for the day.
The chili spice mixture I put on the salmon has a little heat and pairs perfectly with the creamy, cheesy spinach. This spice combo was my favorite to use, but I also tried out old bay seasoning and dill and lemon juice.
How to Make Salmon and Creamed Spinach:
CONSIDER TRYING THESE QUICK WEEKNIGHT RECIPES:
I hope you love this Salmon and Creamed Spinach recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and crushed red pepper
- 4 salmon fillets, skinless, about 4–6 ounces each
- 1 12oz bag frozen spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste.
To make Chili Salmon.
- Mix chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and crushed red peppers.
- Rub spice mixture all over the salmon.
- Arrange fillets on a baking sheet and bake at 400º for 15 -18 minutes or until fish flakes easily. While the fish cooks, make the creamed spinach.
To make the Creamed Spinach.
- Cook frozen spinach as directed on the packaging. Let cool and squeeze out excess water with a paper towel.
- In a skillet or pot, over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until they start to get soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- And in milk and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese has melted.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add spinach and Parmesan and mix till combined. Season with salt, pepper.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 500
- Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 51g
Keywords: Fish and spinach, Salmon and Creamed Spinach, Salmon, Creamed Spinach