- 28 ounces of whole peeled tomatoes, I used San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, hot or regular
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 pound rigatoni pasta
- parmesan cheese
- Blend tomatoes in a blender until smooth.
- Over medium heat, brown your sausage in a large skillet.
- Add olive oil; once hot, add minced garlic. Cook until the garlic becomes fragrant- 2 minutes. Do not let it burn.
- Add blended tomatoes, fennel, red pepper flakes, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and let it simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta as directed on the packaging. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta.
- When the sauce is done, add pasta to the sauce. If the sauce is too thick, thin it out with pasta water one tablespoon at a time.
- Serve and top with parmesan cheese!
Nutrition estimates do no include parmesan cheese
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 560
- Sugar: 7.3g
- Fat: 23.6g
- Saturated Fat: 5.1g
- Carbohydrates: 67.4g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 19.5g
Keywords: Rigatoni Arrabbiata with Sausage, Pasta, Arrabbiata Sauce