Make this 2 step creamy Red Pepper Penne in 15 min. Perfect for weeknights or late nights. Whips up in a pinch and is packed with antioxidants and vitamin C.
I love a homemade pasta sauce, but it can be such a butt to make. Not this sauce, though, oh no. Throw everything in a blender and presto! Creamy, vibrant, and healthy homemade sauce. Throw that on your penne, and a homemade, healthy dinner is an easy as that. Trust me, Red Pepper Penne is the way to go when you want to be healthyish but are in a rush.
Also, with this only being 400 calories, it’s perfect for the holiday season! It’s way easier to make a healthy choices during mealtime than to turn down a Christmas cookie! So take the Christmas challenge with me! Eat a healthy lunch so you can fully celebrate all this season has to offer.
Hit print to screen shot this recipe for later, or Pin it and come back when you are ready.Print
Make this 2 step creamy Red Pepper Penne in 15 min. Perfect for weeknights or late nights.
Go to MeganVsKitchen.com for more quick and healthy meals.
- 12 oz can of roasted red peppers- drained
- 14.5 oz can of whole tomatoes, no salt- drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup of light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 lb box of penne
- 2/3 cup of mozzarella
- Cook penne as directed. Drain and return to pot.
- Add red peppers, whole tomatoes, garlic clove, sour cream, Italian seasoning, and salt into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add sauce to noodles. Cook over medium heat till warm. Top with mozzarella.
- Store leftover sauce in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 400