Smokey, salty prosciutto, velvety Alfredo sauce, and creamy peas are combined with penne to make Prosciutto & Pea Alfredo your new weeknight go-to.
I have always loved adding peas to my pasta. #1 favorite thing growing up. This week I decided to add smokey, salty prosciutto to a creamy Alfredo sauce, and let me tell you, that was a great decision! The sauce is so savory, I mean man oh man! This is definitely bowl licking.
Hit print to screen shot this recipe for later, or Pin it and come back when you are ready.Print
- ½ lb penne (½ box)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 oz of diced prosciutto
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups of 2% milk (or whatever % you have)
- 1 cup peas
- ½ cup of part skim mozzarella - made with 2% milk
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain and set aside. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy bottom skillet over medium heat, add prosciutto. Cook till prosciutto has browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add minced garlic. Cook 30 seconds.
- Mix in flour. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stiring constantly.
- Stir in milk a half a cup at a time. Then add frozen peas to the skillet. Stir every 30 seconds until it starts to thicken, about 10 min. You'll know its done when the sauce thickly coats the back of a spoon. .
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in mozzarella. Salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce is a little thick add in pasta water a teaspoon at a time till it is the desired consistency.
- Add the penne to the sauce.
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 450