Veggie Lover Pizza Beans combine all your favorite veggie pizza toppings with white beans, marinara, and plenty of mozzarella to make the unbelievably delicious baked dish. Serve with garlic bread to make this the ultimate comfort food. Forget pizza night. Veggie Lover Pizza Beans is the way to go.
- 1 loaf of garlic bread, frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 1 cup marinara
- 1 12oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can white beans- (such as Great Northern, Cannellini or Navy )
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella
- Make garlic bread as directed.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 12″ cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once it starts to shimmer, add garlic, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add salt, marinara, diced tomatoes, beans, olives, salt, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, then cook for 5minutes, until it has thickened slightly.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of the mozzarella then top with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella. Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the mozzarella melts and the dish is bubbling.