It’s like pizza, and baked beans eloped in a small Tuscan town. These Veggie Lovers Pizza Beans combine all your favorite veggie pizza toppings with white beans, marinara, and plenty of mozzarella to make the unbelievably delicious and easy weeknight dinner. Serve it with garlic bread to make this the ultimate comfort food.
Don’t quote me on this… but these Pizza Beans might replace pizza night. This dish is so easy to make, completely customizable, and doesn’t require fighting with the pizza dough. The garlic bread takes these beans to a whole new level. The sauce is creamy, the cheese is gooey, the bread is crunchy. All the flavors blend to make your taste buds dance. Now that the weather has turned, this might just be on repeat.
Inspiration for these pizza beans came from the Cheesy Italian Baked Beans recipe in my Better Homes and Garden cookbook. I added extra vegetables to make this a Veggies Lovers and switched out the cheese they used for mozzarella.
Garlic Bread – I used a loaf of frozen garlic bread just too make life a little easier. If you wanted to make your own, here is a great recipe from Taste of Home.
Veggies– I used a mix of onion, green bell pepper, mushrooms, and sliced black olives. You can use whatever combination of veggies or meats you want. Make sure your “toppings” total about 2-3 cups, so the portion of toppings to beans and Marana stay the same. 😁
Marinara – Use your favorite marinara for this. I used Reeseey’s Medium Spice marinara in this recipe.
Petite Diced Tomatoes– Can you ever have too many tomatoes? The diced tomatoes add to the veggie count and add texture to the Pizza Beans. You could substitute the diced tomatoes for equal parts marinara, but I really like the diced tomatoes.
White Beans– you can use any white bean such as great northern, cannellini, or navy. I used cannellini in this recipe.
Mozzarella– Mozzarella is a must since these are Pizza Beans, but that doesn’t mean you can’t add other cheese like parmesan or even feta into the mix. Yum 🙂
I love that you can customize this however you want. Add pepperoni or Italian sausage in the mix. If you have a picky eater, don’t add in the olives. You can make this into “white pizza beans” by using alfredo sauce instead of marinara. The possibilities are endless.
Store any leftover in the fridge for up to 5 days.
I hope you love this Baked Apple French Toast recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Have fun!Print
Veggie Lover Pizza Beans combine all your favorite veggie pizza toppings with white beans, marinara, and plenty of mozzarella to make the unbelievably delicious baked dish. Serve with garlic bread to make this the ultimate comfort food. Forget pizza night. Veggie Lover Pizza Beans is the way to go.
- 1 loaf of garlic bread, frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 1 cup marinara
- 1 12oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can white beans- (such as Great Northern, Cannellini or Navy )
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella
- Make garlic bread as directed.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 12″ cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once it starts to shimmer, add garlic, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add salt, marinara, diced tomatoes, beans, olives, salt, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, then cook for 5minutes, until it has thickened slightly.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of the mozzarella then top with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella. Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the mozzarella melts and the dish is bubbling.