- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk, any kind
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry or grape jelly or jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and brown sugar, then mix in the eggs one a time. Lastly, mix in the milk, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Stir in flours, baking powder, and salt. Mix till combined.
- Fill each liner 3/4 the way complete and cook for 20-22 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool for 10 min.
- Make a hole at the top of the muffins using a knife that goes almost to the bottom of the muffins, then pipe in jelly. (see tips)
If you don’t have a piping bag, you can cut off the tip of a plastic pad and use that as a piping bag.