- 9 oz frozen blueberries- about 1 1/2 cup
- 8 oz frozen sweet cherries- about 1 1/2 cup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoon sugar
Pancakes with Berry Sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (optional)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- whipped cream (optional)
- berry sauce
- Mix frozen blueberries, cherries, corn starch, 3 tbsp sugar, and 1 tbsp of water in a medium saucepan. Then place over medium heat.
- After about 8 minutes, a sauce should start to form. Crush some of the berries with the back of your spoon. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes until syrupy thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Set aside to cool. If the syrup becomes too thick, add half a teaspoon of water until you get the desired consistency.
- While the berry sauce cools, make the pancakes. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, then mix in milk and melted butter. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Fold in dry ingredients until everything is combined. Don’t worry about a few lumps. If the batter seems thick, add a little more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick spray. When the skillet is hot, pour batter onto the griddle or skillet, making pancakes of any size you like. Flip pancakes after bubbles rise to the surface and bottoms brown, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Cook until the second side is lightly browned. If you are making a lot of pancakes, you can place the pancakes on an oven-proof plate in the oven at a 200-degree oven for up to 15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 472
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 82g
- Protein: 13g