I love making Pancakes with Almond Milk. They are super easy to make and this dairy-free version comes out lighter and fluffier.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 2/3 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup oil, vegetable, or canola
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center.
- Crack an egg into the well. Use a fork to scramble the egg.
- Add almond milk, oil, and vanilla extract into the well. Mix the ingredients together. It’s okay if there are a few lumps.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and spray with nonstick spray. I like to do a small test pancake first to make sure the skillet is ready. Once the pan is hot, pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the pan. When you see a lot of bubbles pop up on the surface, flip the pancake with a spatula and cook until golden.*
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
Since almond milk was a higher water content than regular milk, the pancakes will have more bubbles pop up when you cook them. Don’t flip too soon; wait until you see a lot of bubbles, like the picture in the post, before you flip.
- Serving Size: 1 Pancake
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: Pancakes , Almond Milk Pancakes, Almond Milk, Breakfast, Non Dairy