Chicken breast smothered with mushroom, spinach, onion, creamy goat cheese, and parmesan.
- 2 tablespoons butter, seperated
- 1/2 small sweet onion, diced
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 4 6–oz thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large cast ion skillet (or oven-safe skillet*) over medium heat. Add onions and mushrooms to the skillet, cook for 3 minutes or until the onions start to brown.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add spinach and cook till spinach wilts, about 1 minute. Salt and pepper to taste ( I do ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper)
- Move vegetables to a bowl with goat cheese, mix until the goat cheese melts, and coats the vegetables.
- Salt and pepper each side of the chicken breast.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet. Once it has melted add the chicken. Cook on each side till it browns. About 2 minutes for each side
- Top chicken with the vegetable mixture and sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the chicken has reached a temperature of 165F.
If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, do steps 1-6 in a large skillet, place the chicken on a sheet pan, top it with the vegetable mixture and sprinkle parmesan on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 344
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 266 mg
- Fat: 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.3 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 45.1 g
- Cholesterol: 149.5 mg
Keywords: Mushroom, Chicken, Mushroom Chicken, Cast Iron, One Pan, Dinner