Chicken breast smothered with mushroom, spinach, onion, goat cheese, and parmesan. Pair this Mushroom and Spinach Chicken with green beans or mashed potatoes for a tasty dinner!
This one-pan chicken recipe is really good. It has sauteed onions and mushrooms mixed with spinach and goat cheese. If that didn't sound good enough, I topped it all off with parmesan cheese. In total, this takes 40 minutes to make (15 of that is just it baking in the oven). I paired it with green beans for a light dinner.
This recipe was inspired by Ambitious Kitchen's Goat Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast. I'm not a huge fan of stuffing chicken, I feel like I get too much chicken and not enough filling. So I modified the recipe by using thinner chicken breast and placing the mushroom, onion, spinach, and goat cheese mixture on top of the chicken. But I couldn't stop there and added parmesan on top of that.
Do you have questions?
If you don't have an oven-safe skillet, do steps 1-6 in a large skillet, place the chicken on a sheet pan, top it with the vegetable mixture and sprinkle parmesan on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Watch how it's made…
I hope you love this Mushroom Spinach Chicken recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!
Mushroom Spinach Chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter seperated
- ½ small sweet onion diced
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 4 6- oz thinly sliced chicken breast
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large cast ion skillet (or oven-safe skillet*) over medium heat. Add onions and mushrooms to the skillet, cook for 3 minutes or until the onions start to brown.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add spinach and cook till spinach wilts, about 1 minute. Salt and pepper to taste ( I do ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- Move vegetables to a bowl with goat cheese, mix until the goat cheese melts, and coats the vegetables.
- Salt and pepper each side of the chicken breast.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet. Once it has melted add the chicken. Cook on each side till it browns. About 2 minutes for each side
- Top chicken with the vegetable mixture and sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the chicken has reached a temperature of 165F.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!