Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich with Whipped Feta has fluffy sourdough bread piled with layers of fresh vegetables, hummus, and whipped feta. This is my go-to lunch right now – light, fresh, and flavorful!
This Veggie Sandwich with Whipped Feta was inspired by my favorite sandwich at Panera, their Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich. I’ve always loved how fresh and flavorful it was. I never realized how easy it was to make at home. I made one minor adjustment to the sandwich, though, and used whipped feta instead of regular feta. I think it really intensifies the flavor!
Whipped Feta- I’ve seen whipped feta made with a food processor by pulsing the feta into small crumbs then adding in the cream cheese. With this method, you would puree it for 4-5 minutes, scraping down the sides when necessary. I don’t have a food processor. I don’t have space for one in my tiny apartment, so I used a handheld blender with a whisk attachment instead. It worked perfectly! The trick is the have both the cream cheese and feta cheese be room temperature. I will confess I did cheat once and microwave the cold cheese for 20 seconds on 20% power to take the chill off. It totally worked!
Veggie Sandwich with Whipped Feta Video
I hope you love this Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich with Whipped Feta recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
Whipped Feta Ingredients
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled and at room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
Veggie Sandwich Ingredients
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup whipped feta
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of lettuce, I like to use butter lettuce
Whipped Feta Instructions
- Add your room temperature crumbled-up feta and room temperature cream cheese to a large bowl.
- Blend with a handheld blender with a whisk attachment on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
Veggie Sandwich Instructions
- Spread 1 tbsp of hummus on one slice of bread and 2 tbsp of whipped feta on the other. Add cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, and tomatoes to the hummus side. Season with salt and pepper. Top with lettuce and the other slice of bread.
- Serving Size: 1 Sandwich
- Calories: 500 Calories