Meal Prep Turkey Greek Meatballs with Lemon Mint Rice makes for an easy and filling lunch. It includes tender turkey meatballs, mini cucumbers, lemon mint rice, and creamy yogurt sauce.
The meatballs are tender and a little spicy. The rice has just a touch of mint that helps jazz up the normal plain side. You don’t have to use mini cucumbers… but I think they are fun. The yogurt sauce is * chefs kiss*. It pairs perfectly with the cucumbers and meatballs.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR MEAL PREP RECIPES:
I hope you love this Meal Prep Turkey Greek meatballs recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
- 1 pound ground dark meat turkey, 85%
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped, divided
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tbs lemon juice (about 1 lemon), divided
- 1/2 cups plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2–3 mini cucumbers
- Preheat oven to 400 degreese and coat a large baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix toghether ground turkey, panko crumbs, an egg, 2 tbsp of mint, 1 minced garlic cloves, dried oregano, and 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes and salt. Form into 16 balls and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked, though. Once they are done divide among meal prep containers.
- Mix together cooked rice, olive oil, 2 tbsp of chopped mint, 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice, and salt to taste. Dive among 4 meal prep containers
- In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, 1 1/2 tbs lemon juice, 1/2 minced garlic clove, and 1/4 tsp salt. Add to small sauce containers and place in meal proper containers.
- Divide the sliced cucumbers among the containers. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 500
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Protein: 42g
Recipe adapted from Eating Well December 2020 issue “Meatballs with Lemon-Garlic Orzo”