Lemon and Dill Baked Cod is an easy weekday fish dinner. Great for meal prep. It's tangy, fresh, and whips up in 35 minutes. Pair with rice and veggies to round out the meal!
I’ve always been a little reluctant when it came to fish. I absolutely love shellfish, but something about fish has always seemed boring. But it's a new year, so I decided to give fish another shot. I ventured out and tried this hard to mess up Lemon and Dill Baked Cod, and it was great! You dip the fish in a butter mixture, toss some flour on it and in 15 minutes you got yourself a flavorful piece of fish! Make rice and veggies to round out the meal. Lunch and dinner for the next few days- done! I don’t know why it took me so long to start making fish.
Hit print to screenshot this recipe for later, or Pin it and come back when you are ready.Print
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of lemon zest
- ⅓ cup of flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons of dill
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 4 cod fillets- 5-6oz each
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter and pour it into a large bowl. Mix in lemon juice.
- Mix together lemon zest, flour, dill, and salt on a large plate.
- Pat cod fillets with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. With one hand dip a fillet in the butter mixture, make sure it is completely coated, and place it into the bread mixture.
- With the other hand coat the fillet in flour. Tap off and excess flour. Place on baking sheet. Repeat for remaining fillets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish is 145°F and flakes easily with a fork.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Fillets
- Calories: 300
Inspired by this Lemon Cod recipe from Whats Gaby Cooking