Spice up your typical cornbread by adding jalapenos, cheddar, and buttermilk to your Jiffy Cornbread Mix. These Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins will be the star on your dinner table tonight.
- 8.5 oz cup Jiffy cornbread box
- 2/3 cup buttermilk (instead of regular) or 1/3 cup regular milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped jalapenos (about 3), seeds removed, reserve some for topping
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reserve some for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with paper baking cups.
- mix all the ingredients in a large bowl
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes, or until golden brown