- 1 lb lean ground beef, 95%
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely minced, about 1 cup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups milk, any kind
- 2 tablespoon corn starch mixed with one tablespoon of water to make a slurry
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup tomato paste, about 4oz
- 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 12 oz Macaroni, about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Cook ground meat, minced onion, and garlic in large skillet over medium-high until the meat has browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Mix in hot water, milk, corn starch slurry, salt, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and macaroni. Bring it to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Stir the pasta every few minutes to prevent pasta from sticking (this is super important).
- Uncover and mix in cheese cook for an additional 1 to 3 minutes, or until the sauce gets to your desired consistency.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 440
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 29g
Keywords: Hamburger Helper, Cheeseburger Helper, One Skillet, Pasta