Freeze this cookie dough and have freshly made chocolate chip cookies every day of the week. Make one or ten cookies. This is my favorite way to satisfy my sweet tooth while not overindulging. Learn how to freeze cookie dough here.
Meal Prep Desert
I have the biggest sweet tooth. I’ve tried everything to curve my cravings. I pretended fruit was as satisfying as chocolate, I tried to compromise with “healthy” versions of my favorite treats, and I’ve put my faith in low calorie ice cream. But nothing hits the spot quite like a classic chocolate chip cookie. So I've become realistic.
Whenever I crave something sweet, instead of ignoring it, or going out and buying a pint of ice cream, I make one cookie (or two if Adrian wants one). I guess it’s called portion control. I like to call it cookie prep 😁 ( it's like meal prep.. get it? get it? 😅)
Can we talk about how delicious these cookies are with oat flour? I put as much oat flour as possible into these cookies, because ya girl loves her some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Also if you want to feel better about eating a cookie (but really who would feel bad), oats are technically good for your cholesterol and your heart. Let's just ignore the sugar and chocolate and pretend this cookie is as healthy as running a mile. Sound good?
How to bake frozen cookie dough
- Put as many frozen cookie dough balls as you want on a baking sheet.
- Bake them at 375 degreese for 14-16 minutes, or until the top of the cookie starts to brown and the smell of pure happiness fills the air.
- Eat your freshly made cookie.
I hope you love these frozen chocolate chip cookies! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups old fashion oats- blended in a blender until the oats turn into flour (about 30 seconds)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup mini semi- chocolate chips *
- Cream together softened butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with a mixer till fluffy. Mix in the egg until fully incorporated, then mix in vanilla.
- Add flour, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the bowl. Mix with a spoon until everything is incorporated.
- Add in chocolate chips, mix untill just combined. Roll into balls, use about 1 ½ tablespoon of cookie dough for each ball.
- Place cookie dough balls onto a lined baking sheet and place them into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- On a freezer bag, write the date and "Cook for 14-16 minutes at 375 degrees. Let cool for 3-5 minutes."
- Fill your bag with the little balls of frozen happiness. Frozen cookie dough is good for 2 months, but I doubt I will last that long 🙂
- When you are ready to bake the frozen cookie dough, place them on a baking sheet and cook them for 14-16 minutes at 375 degrees. Let cool for 3-5 minutes.
I truly think mini chocolate chip cookies MAKES these cookies amazing. You are guaranteed the perfect ratio of cookie and chocolate in every bite. Get mini chocolate chips if you can. If not, regular sized chips work. (still use ¾ cup)
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 155
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Protein: 2g