Farmers Market Orzo made with a tasty mix of veggies, orzo, and feta held together by a creamy tomato sauce. You can make this all in one pot and basically get all your servings of veggies in with one meal. Bursting with Flavor, it’s so freaking good.
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup sliced carrots, about 3 sticks
- 1 cup chopped celery, about 3 stalks
- 1 cup diced yellow onion, about half a large onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 large chopped zucchini
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 16oz can diced tomatoes
- 16oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth (maybe more)
- 1 cups Orzo
- 10 oz spinach
- 6 oz feta cheese
- fresh herbs (cilantro, parsley)- optional
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven, or heavy bottom pot, over medium-high. Add sliced carrots, chopped celery, and diced onions. Cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables have softened and onions have become translucent.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add chopped zucchini, diced bell pepper, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, and cover—Cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and add orzo to the tomato mixture. Cook on medium heat until orzo is al dente, about 11-15 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent the orzo from sticking to the bottom.
- Remove from heat. If the sauce is too thick, add a tablespoon of vegetable broth or water one at a time. Salt and pepper to taste. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Top with feta cheese and fresh herbs.