The classic combination of lemon and poppy makes these Extra Lemony Poppy Seed Muffins a go-to morning classic. Bursting with a zesty lemon flavor to brighten your morning.
These muffins are PACKED with lemon because I love the sweet zesty tang of lemon, and I'm 100 percent ready for spring. Winter in upstate New York is really dragging on, with snow forecast this weekend ?. These little muffins are my hope. Hope for spring and warmer weather. I can almost taste the hope of spring with every bite. I found out that brushing lemon juice on the muffins makes these bursts with lemon flavor. I mean it's like I'm biting into a lemon, a sweet, fluffy, delicious lemon. Oh, and the glaze really tops off the muffins with a sweet lemon punch.
Place in an airtight container and store on counter for up to 3 days or the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Hit print to screenshot this recipe for later, or Pin it and come back when you are ready.
Extra Lemony Poppy Seed Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon on poppy seeds
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest about 3 lemons
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice about 3 lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350, line muffin pan.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds.
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk, veggie oil, eggs, half of lemon zest, ¼ cup of lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Add lemon curd mixture to flower. Whisk till combined.
- Divided mixture among muffin cups.
- Bake for 16 - 20 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted int he center comes out clean.
- Wile warm brush renaming lemon juice on top.
- Once the muffins have cooled mix together powdered sugar, milk, and remaining lemon zest to make a glaze.
- Drizzle glaze on top.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!