Easy Healthy Migas Breakfast is the perfect weekend brunch or a weeknight brinner. Easy to make and fun to eat. I baked the corn tortillas, which makes this recipe easier, faster, and healthier!
I've been eating breakfast for dinner more often, and I kind of love it. Breakfast food is easier to make and quicker. I love to add a ton of smashed avocado and hot sauce to my Migas. This easy Healthy Migas Breakfast recipe only takes 25 minutes and is perfect for a busy weeknight.
I like grating the onion and tomatoes for my Migas. It's easier for me, and I think it makes the Migas more flavorful. This way you get a little bit of everything in each bite. Use the largest hole on the grater. You'll want to slice off the end of the tomato first before gratting. The gratter wont cut throught the skin. It's actually pretty cool. The skin will protect your fingers!
EASY HEALTHY MIGAS BREAKFAST VIDEO:
I hope you love this Easy Migas Breakfast recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!
Migas Easy Breakfast
- 4-6 corn tortillas
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup grated onion using the largest holes on your grater
- 1 large tomato grated using the largest holes on your grater (see note section)
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro plus more for garnish
- ¾ cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1 avocado sliced or mashed
- hot sauce or salsa
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut tortillas in half, then cut them into ½ inch thick strips. Spray a large baking sheet with olive oil, then place the tortilla strips on the sheet and spray again. Sprinkle salt on tortillas. Bake for 7-9 minutes, or until golden and crisply.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Then add the grated onion and tomato and the diced jalapeño and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and cook until most liquid evaporates about 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs to the skillet and cook 4 to 6 minutes until the eggs are almost set, then stir in the tortillas and cheese.
- Stir and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and top with avocado, hot sauce, salsa, or more cilantro for garnish.