Easy Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta has a light creamy parmesan sauce, chicken, and fresh broccoli. This skinny version takes only 30 minutes, so you can have this on the dinner table in no time.
- 10 ounces pasta any shape
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts, about 1/2” thick
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4–5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta as directed. Two minutes before the pasta is done, add broccoli to the pot. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Once the oil starts to shimmer, add the chicken: salt and pepper to taste. Cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes on each side. Once it’s cooked through, transfer to a plate. Let it cool, then slice the chicken.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium heat—no need to clean the skillet out. Whisk in flour and cook till the mixture is light brown.
- Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Whisk in milk and broth. Bring to a boil reduce to medium-low. Continue to whisk the sauce till it thickens, about 4-6 min. It’s okay to stop whisking for a minute if you need to drain your pasta.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove it from the heat and mix in the parmesan cheese. If the sauce is too thick, whisk in one teaspoon of milk at a time till it’s the desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pasta and broccoli to the skillet. Mix until everything is well coated. Top with the chicken.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 460
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Protein: 35g