Easy Broccoli and Chicken Lasagna is the perfect meal for a cozy night. It only has 7 ingredients and takes about 15 minutes to put together and 40 minutes to cook.
This easy dinner has layers of shredded chicken, broccoli, melted cheese, alfredo sauce, noodles, and fresh ricotta. It's all baked to perfection for a hearty and comforting meal.
The best part, there will be plenty of leftovers for the next day!
🧀 Ingredients & Substitutions
Ricotta & Egg: Adding an egg helps to bind the ricotta filling.
Alfredo Sauce: You will need two 15-oz jars. You will use about one and a half of the jars. I have a list of how to use leftover alfredo sauce in the FAQ section below.
Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles: I used Barilla's no-boil noodles. A 9oz package comes with 15 noodles. You will need 12 noodles.
Shredded Chicken: You can make shredded chicken using a rotisserie chicken or make your own from chicken breast. My favorite way to make it is in a dutch oven, but you can also make it in a slow cooker or instant pot.
Complete list of ingredients in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
🔪 How to Make Broccoli and Chicken Lasagna
Mix: Mix ricotta and egg together.
Layer 1-3: Assemble the first layer: sauce, noodles, sauce, ricotta, chicken, broccoli, and mozzarella. Repeat 2 more times.
Top Layer: For the last layer, do sauce, noodles, sauce, broccoli, and mozzarella.
Bake: Cover the pan with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Carefully uncover and bake for another 15 min. Let cook for 10 minutes before serving. Top with parmesan, optional.
Make sure to completely cover the oven-ready noodles in sauce. If they aren't covered, they won't full cook and will be a little tuff.
- Simple salad
- Garlic bread
- Streamed veggies
Alfredo makes a great dip for pizza, pretzels, and vegetables. Add it to your meatloaf or meatballs for a creamy and cheesy texture. Slather it on top of roasted vegetables or roasted fish.
Lasagna is hot when it comes out of the oven. Give it time to rest so it doesn't fall apart when you cut into it.
Easy Broccoli and Chicken Lasagna
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups Alfredo sauce about 1 ½ 15-oz jars
- 12 oven ready lasagna noodles I used Barilla’s no-boil noodles
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 ½ cups fresh broccoli florets chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Whisk ricotta and egg together.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, assemble lasagna in the following way:Layers 1-3:- ¼ cup alfredo sauce- 3 Noodles, they don’t have to cover the pan perfectly - ¼ cup alfredo sauce, make sure the noodles are completely covered in sauce - a third of the ricotta mixture- a third of the shredded chicken - ½ cup broccoli florets- ⅓ cup MozzarellaRepeat 2 more times
- For the final layer:- ¼ cup alfredo sauce- 3 noodles- ½ cup alfredo sauce (make sure the noodles are completely covered in sauce)- remaining broccoli- remaining mozzarella
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Then carefully remove the foil and bake for another 15 min.
- Let cook for 10 minutes before serving. Top with parmesan, optional.
Want more easy pasta recipes?
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
- See more guidelines at USDA.gov