- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup Panko
- 1 tsp onions powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, AND salt
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1–2 egg
- 1–1.5 lb chicken breast cutlets, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cup ripe red tomatoes, seeds removed (about 1 large tomato ), finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed, finely chopped (
- 1/3 cup finely chopped white onion (about 1/2 small onion), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lime, or more to taste
- 1 avocado, smashed
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with olive oil or nonstick spray.
- Place flour on a large plate. On another large plate, mix together panko, onions powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and oregano. In a large bowl, whisk eggs.
- Season chicken with salt. Dredge it in flour, then egg, then panko mixture. Place on a prepared baking sheet. Spray the tops of the chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25-30 min or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees. Flip the chicken halfway through baking and spray again with olive oil.
- While the chicken cooks – combine diced tomatoes, jalapenos, onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Salt to taste and set aside. As the pico sits, some liquid will accumulate. You can drain that if you want.
- Once the chicken is done, top with smashed avocado and pico. Serve immediately.
Only top your chicken when you are ready to eat, or the chicken breading might get soggy.