- 1/2 pounds pasta, any shape
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 16 oz sliced mushrooms, any kind
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme AND dried oregano leaves
- 1.5 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup heavy / thickened cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta as directed. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir occasionally. Cook until the mushrooms are golden brown and most of the liquid has evaporated about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic, white balsamic vinegar, thyme, oregano. Cook until garlic is golden, about 1 minute. Then mix in flour and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add in broth, cream, parmesan, and gruyere. Stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth. Then bring the sauce to a simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until it thickens. Keep it at a simmer. If it becomes more of a boil, reduce the heat.
- Remove from heat, salt, and pepper to taste, and mix in the pasta. Serve immediately 🙂
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 600