Cod Fish Taco with Cabbage Slaw made with flaky fish, garlic-lime cilantro sauce, cabbage, and cotija cheese. Easy to make, whips up in 30 minutes and is packed with flavor. These easy tacos are a perfect addition to your taco nights!
- 1 1/2 lb. cod (or other flaky white fish)
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- extra limes for garnish
Cilantro Lime Slaw
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbs sour cream
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups of pre-packaged slaw mix
- Heat oven to 350. Place cod on a lightly oiled baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix chili, cumin, salt, and cayenne. Rub seasoning all over cod. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reached 145 and the fish flakes easily. Remove from oven and flakes into chunks.
- Blend all the Cilantro Lime Slaw ingredients, excluding the slaw mix, in a blender. Combine the slaw mix and half of the sauce in a bowl. Set aside. Use the remaining sauce to top your tacos later.
- Once the fish is done, warm the tortillas. Top them with slaw, flaked fish, cotija cheese, and additional sauce if you like. Squeeze a little bit of lime juice on top for extra zing.
Store leftover fish in the fridge for three days. The slaw will keep in the refrigerator for one day.
Inspired by Pinch of Yum’s Shrimp Tacos
- Serving Size: 2 Tacos
- Calories: 425 Calories
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Protein: 41g