Chocolate Coconut Energy Bites are perfect for snacks, lunches, or even breakfast. They are made with dates, almonds, nut butter, shredded coconut, oats, and cocoa. These energy bites are inspired by my favorite candy bar, Almond Joys, and give me the sweet fix I need.
These sweet, no-bake treats are super tasty and take a few minutes to make. My favorite candy bar is Almond Joys, so I had to make an Almond Joy flavored energy bite.
These are super easy to make. Add all your ingredients into a food processor and blend for 2 minutes until a dough forms. Then a poured the dough onto a plate formed square, about 1 think thick, and cut them into 16 pieces. If you don’t have a food processor, they are super handy to have. I picked up the Hamilton Beach food chopper from target and it’s been pretty handy the past few months.
Do you have questions?
I’ve seen a lot of recipes with Medjool dates. They are bigger and sweeter than regular dates, but they are also more expensive ( about 2 times more). I used regular dried pitted dates for this recipe. The bites still come out sweet and chewy and cost less.
Store any leftover in an air-tight container for up to a week.
4 bites are 240 calories with 6g of protein.
Watch how it's made…
I hope you love this Chocolate Coconut Energy Bites recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
- 4 oz dried pitted dates, about 16 dates
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut, sweet or unsweet
- ¼ cup whole almonds
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of any nut butter, I used peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Soak your pitted dates in warm water for 15 minutes, or until they soften.
- Add all of the ingredients into a food processor. Blend until a thick dough forms and the mixture feels sticky.
- Pour the dough onto a clean work surface and form it into a square that’s 1 inch thick. Cut into 16 pieces.
- Store any leftover in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Bites
- Calories: 60
- Sugar: 4.9g
- Fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8g
- Protein: 1.5g
Keywords: Chocolate Coconut Energy Bites, Energy Balls, Dates