Make an easy dinner in under 30 minutes with this Chili Stuffed Sweet Potato. This health recipe features a quick chili, creamy sweet potatoes, and any topping you want!
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 3 scallions, sliced with white and green parts separated
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 5 ounces Tomato Paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 sweet potatoes
- sour cream (optional)
- shredded Mexican cheese (optional)
- Poke sweet potatoes on all sides with a fork. Place on a large microwave-safe plate. Microwave until tender, about 6-10 minutes, flipping halfway through. If potatoes are still firm, continue to microwave in 1-minute intervals until easily pierced with a fork. Remove from microwave and let cool slightly. Cut in half.
- Meanwhile, over medium-high heat, add green pepper, scallion whites, garlic and beef. Cook until the meat has browned, drain any excess fat. Add cumin, chili powder, tomato paste, and 1 1/3 cup of water. Cook till thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Salt and pepper to taste
- Halve sweet potatoes lengthwise; fluff insides with a fork. Top with chili, cheeses, sour cream, and green parts of the scallions