Easy dinner in under 30 minutes. Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are made with quick chili, creamy sweet potatoes, and any topped with anything you want! Everyone can customize to make it their favorite weeknight dinner.
Make an easy dinner in under 30 minutes with these Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. This healthy recipe features a quick chili, creamy sweet potatoes, and any topping you want! Top your baked sweet potato with scallions, cheese, sour cream, or hot sauce. Everyone can customize to make it their favorite weeknight dinner.
Add a fun twist to your baked potatoes. This healthy recipe features a quick chili, creamy sweet potatoes, and any topping you want! It all comes together in 30 minutes with minimum cleanup. You can customize the toppings to make this your favorite kind of baked potato!
This meal is so easy to make ahead of time. It’s great for meal prep since the leftovers store so well. I like to double the chili recipe whenever I make this and keep half in the freezer for a quick meal in the future.
Mexican Cheese Blend
Pepper Jack Cheese (My favorite)
Montera Jack Cheese
Sour Cream (Love)
Pickled Jalapenos (not as spicy as fresh jalapenos)
Sliced Green Onions
Hot Sauce (Bring the heat!)
Cooking time for the sweet potato can vary depending on the potato’s size and shape and how powerful your microwave is. When I make these, it takes about 8 minutes or a small potato and 10 minutes for a large potato to cook thoroughly. The times could also vary depending on how many you cook in the microwave at one time. After you’re done microwaving the potato, cut it in half and check that inside is soft. If it’s not, cook it in 30-second intervals until it is.
Store any leftover potatoes and chili separately, in a tight air container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
I hope you love this Chili Topped Sweet Potato recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Have fun!Print
Make an easy dinner in under 30 minutes with this Chili Stuffed Sweet Potato. This health recipe features a quick chili, creamy sweet potatoes, and any topping you want!
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 3 scallions, sliced with white and green parts separated
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 5 ounces Tomato Paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 sweet potatoes
- sour cream (optional)
- shredded Mexican cheese (optional)
- Poke sweet potatoes on all sides with a fork. Place on a large microwave-safe plate. Microwave until tender, about 6-10 minutes, flipping halfway through. If potatoes are still firm, continue to microwave in 1-minute intervals until easily pierced with a fork. Remove from microwave and let cool slightly. Cut in half.
- Meanwhile, over medium-high heat, add green pepper, scallion whites, garlic and beef. Cook until the meat has browned, drain any excess fat. Add cumin, chili powder, tomato paste, and 1 1/3 cup of water. Cook till thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Salt and pepper to taste
- Halve sweet potatoes lengthwise; fluff insides with a fork. Top with chili, cheeses, sour cream, and green parts of the scallions