- .5 pound macaroni
- 1/2 lb hot breakfast sausage
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs four
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can chop green chiles
- 1 tomato, seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- Cook macaroni as directed and set aside while you cook
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain any excess oil if there is any.
- Once the meat has browned, reduce the temperature to medium-low and melt butter in the skillet. Once the butter has melted, mix in the flour. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisk in milk, bring to a boil, then reduce to heat to low. Continue to whisk until it thickens slightly, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat mix in cheese, paprika, onion powder, green chilies, and tomato. If the sauce is too thick, add one milk tablespoon at a time until you get the desired consistency. Salt to taste.
- Mix in macaroni and serve.
If the sauce starts to curdle, remove it from heat and whisk vigorously until the success comes back together.