Warm-up during the cold month with these spiced Chai Tea Muffins. It's the perfect breakfast treat for any tea lover. Try them out now!
I'm not a breakfast person, but people love it. I could take it or leave it. However, these Chai Tea Muffins are turning me into a breakfast person. Since I'm SO EXCITED for all the treats that come with the colder weather, I could not wait to make these morning picker-uppers. I've worked on this recipe for a while, trying to get that perfect balance of fluffy and dense, sweet, and savory, and now I'm confident that these are darn near perfect.
Hit print to screenshot this recipe for later, or Pin it and come back when you are ready.Print
- 2 tea bags of chai tea
- 2 ¼ cups of flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons of ginger
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons of ground cloves
- ½ teaspoons of salt
- ½ cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cups of brown sugar
- ⅓ cup of milk
- Make chai tes concentrate by steeping 2 bags of chai tea in 1 of a cup of warm water for 10 minutes. Remove bags and let tea cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Beat in eggs and milk until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in ¾ cup of tea mixture.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients.
- Bake foe 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 250