This Cauliflower Jalapeno Popper Casserole is holiday party food combined with veggies to makes it almost okay to eat all year round. Minimize the guilt to maximize the flavor.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 6 jalapenos, halved and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 strips of thick-cut bacon
- 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese, 1/3 less fat
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 milk
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 cup of fresh cauliflower florets cut into small bite-size pieces about 1 inch
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Place chicken breast and jalapenos on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and salt. Place the bacon strips in a row on another backing sheet. Place both sheets in the oven and cook till the bacon and chicken are done about 20-25 minutes.
- Mix 3/4 cups of cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, and paprika in a large mixing bowl.
- Once the chicken and bacon have cooked, crumble the bacon, shred the chicken, and dice the jalapenos. Keep the oven at 375.
- Add 3/4 of your chopped jalapenos, all of the shredded chicken, and 3/4 of the bacon to the cream cheese mixture.
- In a 9 x 12 baking dish, distribute cauliflower on the bottom. Top cauliflower with the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, and the remaning jalapenos and bacon on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till golden brown.
6 jalapenos for a mild casserole 9 jalapenos for a spicy casserole Need a little more kick? Add hot sauce to the top after it’s done cooking.