- 1/2–1 lb lean boneless pork loin roast, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and chopped*
- 1/4 cup orange juice (you can juice 2-3 oranges or use orange juice)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, salt, AND pepper
- 1/2 lb extra crispy Frozen fries
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- Toppings: Smashed Avocado, Hot sauce or ranch dressing, Pico de Gallo, Sour cream
To make Carnitas:
- Add all of the carnitas ingredients to a slow cooker and give everything a stir to combine. Cook on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. The pork is done once it’s shredded easily with a fork.
- Remove pork from the slow cooker and shred it with a fork. Add a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid to the pork to add more flavor
To makes Carnitas Fries:
- Bake fries on a large baking sheet as directed on the packaging.
- Once the fires are done, remove them from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Transfer half the fries to a plate. And gather the other half in the middle of your pan.
- Top the fries with ¾ cup of cheese and half of the meat. Layer the remaining fries on top, then add the rest of the meat and cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese starts to melt. Then turn on your broiler and broil for 2-4 minutes so the meat can brown.
- Top with sour cream, hot sauce, Pico de Gallo, or smashed avocado.
Included the jalapeno seeds for a medium spice level
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 18.5g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Protein: 22g
Keywords: Carnitas Fries, Loaded Fries, Carnitas, Slowcooker