- 2– 2 1/2 cups butternut squash (about 1.5lb), cut into 1inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, whole and pealed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 3/4 pound dry fettuccine
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add cubed squash and whole garlic cloves to a large sheet pan. Toss with olive oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Spread into a single layer. Roast until tender and caramelized, about 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Remove squash from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- While the Squash cools, cook fettuccine as directed on the packaging once it’s done, drain and set aside.
- Once the squash has cooled, transfer it and the garlic to a blender or food processor. Add the ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper, heavy cream, 1/3 cup of water (or pasta water), Parmesan cheese, and nutmeg. Blend until smooth.
- Add the butternut squash alfredo sauce to the cooked pasta and toss over low heat. If the sauce is too thick, add one tablespoon of water at a time till the pasta is evenly coated with the sauce. Sprinkle with more Parmesan and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 520
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 77g
- Protein: 21g
Keywords: Butternut Squash Alfredo, Butternut Squash, Alfredo, Fettuccine, Pasta, Fall