These easy banana blueberry muffins are a great breakfast treat. To keep things easy I used frozen blueberries in the recipe.
- 2 extra ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups frozen or fresh blueberries, plus more for topping (I used frozen wild blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large bowl mix together mashed bananas, sugar, and eggs. Then mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then stir in blueberries.
- Fill each cup 3/4ths the way full. Top with more blueberries. Bake for 19-21 minutes, or until tops turn light brown and spring back when lightly touched. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: banana blueberry muffins, banana, blueberry, muffins, breakfast