These easy banana blueberry muffins are a great breakfast treat. To keep things easy I used frozen blueberries in the recipe. The muffins come out moist and bursting with berries!
Does anyone else have that one banana at the end of the week that is brown and freckly? I take that over-ripened mushy banana as an excuse to make muffins. Since I always have frozen blueberries in the freezer these Banana Blueberry Muffins are the easiest thing for me to make.
The batter comes together in less than 10 minutes, and then they take 20 minutes to bake. They are perfect for breakfast (I like to pair one with coffee and a scrambled egg) or for a mid-day treat.
I based these muffins off of my Chunky Monkey Muffins. I swapped out the chocolate chips and peanut butter for blueberries to make a muffin bursting with blueberries.
Do you have questions?
Both fresh and frozen blueberries work great in muffins. Frozen blueberries are usually picked and frozen at peak ripeness.
You can reduce the amount of sugar to ½ cup. The muffins will still be a little sweet and have about 3g less sugar.
I do it all the time. I created this recipe with halving it in mind. All the measurements are super easy to half, and the muffins come out great!
Watch how it's made…
I hope you love this Banana Blueberry Muffins recipe! If you make it leave a comment! You can also share a photo on Instagram and tag #meganvskitchen. Enjoy!Print
- 2 extra ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cups frozen or fresh blueberries, plus more for topping (I used frozen wild blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large bowl mix together mashed bananas, sugar, and eggs. Then mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then stir in blueberries.
- Fill each cup ¾ths the way full. Top with more blueberries. Bake for 19-21 minutes, or until tops turn light brown and spring back when lightly touched. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: banana blueberry muffins, banana, blueberry, muffins, breakfast