Sweet, savory, and a little spicy. These Apricot Chicken Thighs need to be added to your dinner rotation ASAP. You will get crazy flavor with minimum effort in this recipe.
I love the flavor of this chicken. A month ago, if you told me that you put jam/preserve on your chicken, or any meat, I would have looked at you crazy. The two just don't seem like they would go together. Sweet and savory, meat and fruit! I would have thought there's no way that would taste good ... I was ignorant. I knew nothing. I have experienced something magnificent with these Apricot Chicken Thighs, and I can't wait to share it with you!
This recipe was inspired by one of the HelloFresh meals I received a few weeks ago. I altered the cooking method and cut of meat so that the recipe was easier to make and clean up.
Hit print to screenshot this recipe for later, or Pin it and come back when you are ready.
Apricot Chicken Thighs
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 5 oz chicken thigh cutlets patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon
- 5 tablespoons Apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Mix together paprika powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Season chicken with spice mixture. About ½ teaspoon of mixture per thigh.
- Heal olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, don't over crowd the pan. Cook in shifts if need. Cook for 5-7 min on each side, or until the internal temperature is 175. Set chicken aside. Dispose of excess oil properly. Return skillet to burner, lower heat to medium.
- Add jam, mustard, and butter to the skillet. Whisk until smooth. Make sure to scrape the bottom the pan. Once jam mixture starts to bubble add chicken back into the pan, and smother with jam mixture.
- Cook for 2 more minutes or until jam thickens and becomes sticky. Squeeze lemon over chicken.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!